Peacefully located below the church on the outskirts of Puttenham village, the barn has been part of the life of this agricultural community for more than two centuries. The building has been sympathetically restored to be as environmentally friendly as possible. We have rainwater harvesting, solar electricity and solar hot water. The restoration we have carried out enables the visitor to see both traditional and sustainable construction methods.
Puttenham Eco Camping Barn core details:
- come and stay in a beautifully converted traditional barn over 250 yrs old
- 3 shared sleeping areas for total of 11 people. (Foam covered sleeping platform)
- Friends of Nature members receive sleeping bag and liner included in price
- well equipped kitchen and cosy shared sitting area
- secure bike storage
- garden and outdoor picnic area
- Advance booking is essential as the barn relies on voluntary wardens
- Check in from 5pm. We are closed from 10am to 5pm to give the volunteers some free time
- No parking or access for cars at the Barn
- Limited mobile phone reception and sorry, no 'wifi'
More details including booking T&C's on the Puttenham website here: www.puttenhamcampingbarn.co.uk
We rely heavily on volunteers for the continued operation of our house - if you wish to get involved please see details on the Puttenham website or contact Hilary via email@example.com