Booking Terms and Conditions
These standard Terms and Conditions apply to all bookings at Kirk Yetholm Friends of Nature House unless otherwise agreed in writing with us. Please read the below to ensure you have a smooth booking process and enjoyable stay with us !!
- Only Individual bookings of upto 8 people will be processed via web booking engine. Groups of 9 or more will need to book direct with us via phone or e-mail. The person making the booking and arranging payment will be referred to as the Lead Person and will be the principal point of contact both before and during the stay
- Friends of Nature is a membership organisation – everyone is welcome to stay, but members are offered a discounted rate. Prices shown on the Freetobook system are reduced by entering the appropriate membership code as displayed on the booking screen. The discounted rate applies to Individual, Joint and Family memberships only. Cards must be produced on arrival at Kirk Yetholm. Offer NOT valid for group bookings.
- All Individual bookings must be paid for in full at time of booking. Group bookings, depending on time of booking may well be staggered in terms of initial deposit and final payment, details will be provided on enquiry
- Cancellation: Individual bookings – cancellations more than 14 days prior to 6pm of the day of arrival will obtain a refund of 90% of the stay. Cancellations of 14 days or less will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking
- Individuals can normally check in from 5pm until 1030pm. Departure time is usually 10am
- Group bookings of 9 or more will require the Lead Person to be over 18yrs of age; to be staying on site with the group; to have a minimum ratio of 1 adult for every 6 under 18 person staying; to be paid in full in advance
- Group Payments: 20% deposit to hold the reservation. Final payment due 8 weeks prior to arrival
- Group Cancellations: More than 8 weeks prior to arrival day will obtain refund of 80% of the stay; cancellations 4 weeks (28 days) to 8 weeks (56 days) prior to arrival day will obtain refund of 40% of the stay; cancellations less than 28 days prior to arrival day will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking
- Kirk Yetholm Friends of Nature House welcomes all, but especially those undertaking activities such as walking, cycling, appreciation of nature, heritage and cultural exploration, the sharing of experiences and facilities. Certain group activities such as hen and stag parties will not be considered
- Excessive noise, anti-social behaviour or similar which affects either those staying, the local population, manager(s) of the House or the fabric of the building, will not be tolerated. Any building damage or deliberate breakages will need to be paid for. The Management reserve the ultimate right to refuse entry or request such person(s) leave the property with immediate effect
- Regret no pets allowed on site
- Car parking: we have limited parking opposite the building (not actually owned by us) – please park respectfully and donot block the access to houses below
- Kirk Yetholm Friends of Nature House has a strict No Smoking policy anywhere on site
This is the privacy notice for Kirk Yetholm Friends of Nature house. We take the security of your personal data very seriously and our privacy notice has been developed in accordance with the EU required General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 2018 and subsequently enshrined in UK legislation with the UK departure from the EU. It applies to the computerised, automated and manual personal data we collect and hold about you and how we use it.
Privacy notice updated on 12/1/2021.
What personal data is collected, why and for how long?
Our principal method of booking is via our website www.thefriendsofnature.org.uk or our profile page on one of our affiliated organisations including Scottish Independent Hostels (SIH)/Independent Hostels UK and Hostelling Scotland (SYHA). All these sites will have a 'Book Now' button which takes you to our third party online booking system called Freetobook.
When you make a booking we will ask you for information that we need in order to process the booking. This will include your name, email address, contact number, home address and your payment details. You are not obliged to provide us with any of your personal data; however, if you want to make a booking with us this data will be required.
The main reason we need your personal data is in order to process your bookings and to deal with any queries or issues that arise in relation to those bookings.
We keep personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we collected it.
Who do we share your personal data with?
In order to make a booking to stay with us we may share personal data we collect from you with our third party online booking system and our secure payment gateway provider. Only the personal data necessary to complete the transaction will be shared.
We may share depersonalised data such as booking statistics and website analysis with reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes but the information will not include any personally identifying details.
Where we think there is a risk to your health, wellbeing or of others, we may share information to raise help, e.g in the case of medical emergency/missing person, etc. Under certain circumstances there may be a legal obligation for us to share your personal data in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Other than this we will not disclose any of your personal data to any other third party without your consent.
Our third party online booking system: Freetobook
We use a third party online booking system called Freetobook. All of our bookings are made and stored in this system and the privacy notice of Freetobook applies.
When you make an online booking you will be asked to pay to confirm your booking. This will be processed directly by our secure payment gateway provider, Stripe.
Our payment processes are PCI Level 1 compliant.
Your rights under data protection law
You have various rights under data protection law in connection with our processing of your personal data. For example, you have the right to request a copy of your personal data that we hold and to request that we correct any errors in the personal data that we hold.
You have the following rights under data protection law:
- Right to access your personal data - You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information so that it is complete.
- Right to erasure – You have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – You have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
Our privacy notice informs you about the collection and use of your personal data by Kirk Yetholm Friends of Nature House. Please contact us if you wish to know what personal data we hold about you and to exercise your individual rights.
Our contact details:
Address: Kirk Yetholm Friends of Nature House, Waukford, Kirk Yetholm, Kelso, Roxburghshire. TD5 8PG
Telephone: 01573 420639